Thursday, February 19, 2015

My usual Morning Breakfast: Green Smoothie

Hello!

I used to be one of those people who would often skip breakfast but after I gave birth to my first born. I could not afford to skip it. I needed those nutrients to breastfeed my son and have the energy to care for him. I learned that a smoothie is the best thing to drink for me when I do not feel like eating in the morning.

The Pros of drinking a smoothie:
1. It is packed full of nutrients
2. You feel the energy from it fast since the liquid digest quicker than eating whole fruit.
3. Guilt free!
4. You can do other things while drinking. I take my time sipping on it. I always set it down to take care of something else and go right back to it
5.  The best fast food! We got a ride to church one morning and I realized I forgot to eat so it took me 3 minutes to throw this smoothie together and put it in a big seal bottle to take with me

How I make my usual Green Smoothie:

I have a variety of frozen fruit to make what ever smoothie I feel like enjoying but this Green Smoothie is my favorite and what I drink most of the time. It has a little bit of sweetness to it and is very filling
1. Spinach ( this is the main ingredient so I pack it it)
2. Banana ( no more than 1 banana, break them up and freeze them once they are ripe)
3. Pineapple (frozen)
4. Ground Flax seed ( I like to use at least 2 tbsp)
5. Almond milk ( I use at least 2 cups,. It would taste like pina colada w/ coconut milk but we usually drink almond milk and it was not cost efficient for me to get both but that is an option)

I pour this smoothie into my mason jar (a re purposed spaghetti sauce jar) and enjoy.

What's your easy go to breakfast?  



3 comments: